Finding the Right Chargers and Other Cables for Your Device
The range of devices like smartphones, MP3 players, tablets, and laptops on the market is incredible. Every device or range of devices seems to have its own type of charger cable or plug style, which can make it difficult to find replacement power cables for your device. If you need replacement power chargers or sync cables for your ASUS tablet, then you need to do your research beforehand to make sure that you get one which is right for your device.
What Do I Need to Think about When Choosing Chargers and Cables?
It is very easy to get the wrong thing when it comes to choosing a new charger or power cable for your ASUS device, especially if you aren't sure exactly what you need. Consider the following:
- Cable style - When choosing a new power cable to charge your device, you will usually have the choice of two different styles. Many people go for a cable that connects directly to an AC adapter charger, while others go for a USB cable that plugs into a USB port or adapter.
- Cable length - When choosing a new cable to charge or power your device, make sure that you think about the cable length. If you plan on using your device while it is charging, then you will need a fairly long power cable.
- The need for an adapter - In some cases, you may be able to use an older style charging cable if you get an adapter for your device. In other cases, you will need a wall adapter if your charger has a different plug style.
What Should I Be Careful of When Finding a New Charger?
When choosing new power cables, chargers, or any other electronics, you should be very careful to make sure that you are using compatible products that suit your individual needs. Be careful of the following:
- Cable voltage - Most charger cables will have some sort of AC to DC adapter or transformer. You need to make sure that the input and output voltages are the same as those of your mains power and your device.
- Secondhand cables - Secondhand electronics can have damage, even if you can't immediately see it.
- Plug styles - Many different plug styles look very similar. Pay careful attention when choosing a charger for your device to make sure that it will be compatible.