Browse, Work, and Play on Laptops and Netbooks
As smartphones and tablets influenced the world in making touchscreens ubiquitous and intuitive, the laptop industry was driven to follow suit. With the development of Windows 8 came new optimizations that allowed laptop manufacturers to add functionality similar to those of small touch-based devices so they can either compete or synergize with your existing tablet or smartphone.
What Is Windows 8?
Windows 8 is a personal computer operating system made by Microsoft. It introduced significant changes to the platform and interface to synergize well with tablet and touchscreen laptops. This allowed companies marketing Windows-based devices to compete with Android and iOS devices.
- Predecessor: Windows 8 is the successor to Windows 7. For a long time, the latter was considered more stable in terms of gaming performance and other optimizations, but Windows 8 managed to catch up during its lifetime to be ideal for gaming along with workstation purposes.
- Successor: Windows 10 succeeded Windows 8 and introduced improvements that allowed the system to handle transitions between a mouse-oriented interface and a touch-screen-optimized interface based on what is plugged in. Windows 10 offered a familiar interface with Windows 7 and was appreciated by many users who preferred the more stable Windows style.
What ASUS Laptops Come With Windows 8?
- Zenbook UX303LA: This ASUS Windows laptop features a metal body design with an Intel Core i7 processor. It has a long battery life with a superior keyboard and trackpad combo for comfortable mobile usage. Its 1600 by 900 pixel resolution allows for detailed, sharp, and clear visuals for media and work. The CPU clocks in at a base frequency of 2 GHz and turbos and 3.1 GHz for a large burst of speed when needed. It has 6 GB of memory with a 128 GB internal SSD and is upgradable to Windows 10 OS.
- Transformer Book T300 Chi: This 2-in-1 device is a thin tablet and a functional laptop that weighs only 720g and only 7.6mm thick. See the manufacturer site for size and weight details. It functions as a tablet but transforms into a laptop when you combine it with the slim keyboard via the magnetic connectors at the bottom and the Bluetooth pairing function. Its WQHD IPS display and SonicMaster dual speakers make it a veritable media machine.
- VivoBook R541NA RB21T: This laptop has an Intel Pentium N4200 processor with a base frequency of 1.10 GHz and is able to burst to 2.50 GHz, faster than a dual-core Atom processor incapable of burst functions. The laptop is also upgradable to Windows 10. It has 4 GB of RAM for proficiency in multitasking, along with a LED-backlit 15.6-inch display capable of HD resolutions for media playback.
Content provided for informational purposes only. eBay is not affiliated with or endorsed by ASUS.>