Hookup Your Favorite Apple Products With an Apple HDMI Adapter
With an Apple HDMI adapter, you can connect an Apple device to a TV to view files, access important documents, read books, or play your favorite media. There is a wide selection of HDMI adapters for Apple products available on eBay.Which Apple devices work with the Lightning cable?
The Lightning digital AV cable allows you to hook your device to your TV without losing any of the sound or visual quality of your digital media. There are a few specific devices that are optimized to work with this model, including the following:
- iPad mini 1, 2, 3, and 4
- iPad Air 1 and 2
- iPad 1, 2, 3, 4, and 5
- iPad Pro
If your Apple Lightning digital AV adapter does not fit into a port of your television or computer monitor, you can use a Lightning cable with a different style of connector, such as a VGA connector. This model is manufactured with both HDMI and VGA hookups. Many affordable Apple HDMI adapters are available on eBay.How do you set up an Apple HDMI adapter?
Setting up an Apple-to-HDMI connector cable and using it with your HDTV or computer doesn't require any tools. To connect and use your iPhone HDMI adapter:
- Connect the AV adapter: Connect the AV adapter to your iPad, iPod touch, or iPhone.
- HDMI cable: Attach the other end of the AV adapter to the HDMI cable.
- Plug the adapter in: Find the HDMI 30-pin connector port on your HDTV or monitor, and plug the adapter in.
- Set your TV: Set your TV or monitor to HDMI input.
- Ready for use: When your Apple device's screen shows up on the TV or monitor screen, it is ready to use.
If you do not have an HDMI port available for your device, or you prefer to use a different method of connecting the device, there are several other routes you may go. However, connecting the device in an additional way may not provide the same performance results. Here are a few different ways that you can connect an Apple iOS 4.0 or later product.
- AirPlay: Mirrors the device screen to an Apple TV by switching the AirPlay settings on both devices
- Chromecast: Casts the device screen to a TV with a Chromecast receiver over a Wi-Fi connection
- VGA: Transfers video-only information from the screen of your iPod, iPhone, or iPad to a TV, monitor, or projector