Choosing the Right Cookies for the Occasion
Choosing the appropriate cookies for any occasion can be a daunting task because there are so many types to choose from. There are gluten-free cookies, tea cookies, chocolate chip cookies, novelty cookies, and more. Here is a guide to help you narrow down your choices.What are some types of cookies?
When you're selecting cookies, you'll notice the following categories:
- Traditional: Traditional cookies can be chocolate, vanilla, chocolate chip and sugar and can contain fillings like fruit, creme, and nuts.
- Shortbread: Originally from Scotland, shortbread cookies often consist of three parts flour, one part butter, and one part sugar.
- Gingerbread: These baked goodies usually contain ginger as one of the ingredients. The first known gingerbread recipe came from Greece in the year 2400 BC.
- Wafer: Wafers are thin, crispy cookies and can come in many different flavors. They were first consumed as part of religious rituals. They can be flat or rolled up.
- Stick: These are so named because of their shape, and they are often tall and thin.
With various dietary needs, it's important to select your desserts based on those whom you will be serving. Even having a mixture of sweets based on different ingredients can be important. Here are some types to consider:
- Homemade: These are often a great choice as you can put whatever you like in them. You can also make them specifically to your tastes as well as those of your guests.
- Gluten Free: It's important to consider the dietary needs of those who have problems with gluten. There are some great gluten-free options available.
- Contains alcohol: For daring types, select options with alcohol.
- Kosher: If you are Jewish or are having a Kosher party, these are a perfect choice.
- Fat Free: Fat-free options have come a long way, and there are delicious choices to consider that taste just the same as the original cookies.
- Vegan: As many cakes and desserts have animal products, vegan desserts are an important alternative to have for those who don't consume any animal products.
- Caffeine Free: The chocolate content in desserts isn't always healthy for those avoiding caffeine. Lemon creme varieties are an alternative.
- Sugar Free: Avoiding sugar? You can get options like Voortman's Sugar Free Pecan Shortbread Cookies, for example.
Not everyone can whip up a homemade batch. If you're looking for some trustworthy brand names, selections include Nabisco, Oreo, and Royal Dansk.Content provided for informational purposes only. eBay is not affiliated with or endorsed by Nabisco, Oreo, Voortman, and Royal Dansk.