Dyson offers a complete range of traditional upright vacuum cleaners, handheld devices, and air purifier heating and cooling fans. When choosing a Dyson vacuum cleaner, there are several important considerations you should keep in mind.What types of vacuum cleaners does Dyson offer?
From large vacuums to compact and portable units, this company produces five types of cleaning appliances for small and large spaces.
- Handheld vacuums are portable devices designed to be used in a variety of locations. Powered by the V7 digital motor, they offer the same suction performance of a traditional upright vacuum. The cordless design supports up to 30 minutes of continuous use.
- Stick vacuums are a combination of traditional upright canister devices and portable handheld units. The cordless operation and slender frame are designed for tight spaces and streamlined storage.
- Upright vacuum cleaners are the flagship models, which are similar in design to a traditional device. The hallmark Ball technology supports its tight turning radius, and the bagless canister detaches and empties with a push of a button. The motor is powered by a cord for uninterrupted cleaning.
- Canister vacuums offer the maneuverability of the Ball technology with the versatility of the stick-based design. Attached to the main unit are the motor and canister, which connect to the suction brush via a hose. As with other models, there are multiple versions designed for specific uses.
- Robotic cleaners are self-directed vacuums designed to automate room cleaning. This cleaner automatically learns room dimensions, is voice activated, and connects with the Dyson Link mobile app for remote operation.
This company offers a variety of hot and cool fans. Select models are controlled via the Dyson Link mobile app. All fans feature the hallmark ribbon/tube design, instead of traditional fan blades, for a futuristic appearance.
- Dyson Cool fans generate cool air via the proprietary Air Multiplier system. They are available in two sizes, which include the standard upright floor design and the more compact desk fan, and feature multiple color options.
- Dyson Hot + Cool fans feature an internal thermostat to heat or cool rooms. Their high-velocity airflow design produces substantial in-room air movement to optimize efficiency.
- Dyson Pure Hot + Cool Link offers heating and cooling capabilities that are controlled via the Dyson Link mobile app. Unlike previous models, this version also offers air purification capabilities, which works to eliminate allergens, gases, and pollutants.
Yes, the direct drive bristle head is designed for both carpet and hardwood floors. Unlike traditional vacuums, these cleaning units don’t require adjusting bristle head height or settings. This means it’s possible to go straight from vacuuming carpet to hardwood. Along with its standard stick, upright and canister designs, its line of robotic cleaners are designed to work on hardwood, tile, carpet, and linoleum floors.Content provided for informational purposes only. eBay is not affiliated with or endorsed by Dyson.