How to Select Marine Binoculars and Monoculars with Night Vision?
Spending time out on the water is great fun, whether for fishing, sailing or merely cruising. But, in order to say safe and maximize your boating experience, it's a good idea to consider purchasing marine night vision devices. Night vision devices like night vision monoculars and binoculars allow the user to view across great distances in daylight, low light and during the night.
What are the Differences Between Binoculars and Monoculars?
There are some important differences between digital binoculars and monoculars to keep in mind:
- Operational Differences: The key difference lies in how you operate these marine night vision devices. Monoculars are like a small telescope: you hold the lens up to either one of your eyes. Binoculars make use of both eyes. So, if you intend to use your marine vision device for long periods of time, a pair of binoculars may be more suitable, helping to avoid eye strain.
- Vision Quality: Generally speaking, night vision binoculars offer a richer viewing experience through both their eyes. However, not all users will need ultra high definition optics.
What are Some Tips to Keep in Mind When Purchasing Marine Night Vision Binoculars?
There are a variety of different types of marine night vision binoculars, bi-oculars, and monoculars available from eBay vendors. Consider if you need a waterproof or water-resistant device, and if you need the device to cover a particular distance range. Some other factors to consider when selecting the right digital night sight binoculars or night vision monoculars, include:
- Technical Features: Marine binoculars often use infrared (IR) technology to allow for thermal imaging. Make sure you browse the different technical features available among night vision binoculars, to ensure your choice contains your desired specifications, such as a thermal imager, tripod, or high magnification capability.
- Built-in Safety and Navigation Options: Some other features you might like to look out for include compasses and powerful illuminators.
- Functional Needs: For those seeking hunting assistance, a model featuring a riflescope and rangefinder would be helpful. Night vision binoculars with snapshot and video capabilities are also available from eBay vendors.
What are Some Important Safety Tips to Remember When Boating?
Here are just a couple of important safety tips to remember:
- Safety Kit: Some examples of items to include in your boating safety kit include: flashlights, a First Aid Kit, flares, night vision goggles and camping lights. It's essential to stock your boat with life jackets.
- Preparation: Always inform people at home of your itinerary and follow a pre-departure checklist.
- Swim Skills: Learn swimming skills and general water safety knowledge before boating.
Content is provided for informational purposes only. eBay is not affiliated with or endorsed with binoculars.