Ray-Ban produces the iconic Aviator and Wayfarer sunglasses. They have continued to innovate and expand their lines to include a variety of frames and lenses. You can keep your distance behind cool black Wayfarers or attract attention with neon bright Flash lenses.What Ray-Ban lens styles are available?
Ray-Ban offers lenses that are functional and stylish. There are four lens types, and all are available in a wide array of colors.
- Classic: The classic lens is available in Green Lenses G-15 or Brown Lenses B-15. Both options block blue light and absorb 85% of visible light. The brown lens is particularly effective for clearer vision in low light.
- Gradient: This style is available in either crystal or plastic. Both options have a smooth color transition from top to bottom.
- Chromance: The Chromance mirrored lens combine contrast-enhancing performance with vivid colors. It has anti-reflection properties and polar filters that make everything you see bright and clear.
- Flash: The Flash lens has multiple layers of intense, mirrored color that reflect light and give it aesthetic appeal.
These lenses block up to 99% of reflected light. They have special coatings that eliminate glare, reduce eye strain, and increase visual contrast. Sunglasses with these lenses are particularly useful if you are on the water. They are also great for blocking glare from the pavement when you are driving. The Ray-Ban Chromance lens is polarized. The Gradient and Classic lenses are available in your choice of polarized or standard.What are the features of Ray-Ban Aviators?
Ray-Ban has been making this iconic style since 1937. Aviator sunglasses have drop-shaped lenses in metal frames. They are available with any of the Ray-Ban lens choices. You can typically find Aviators in three sizes: 55-millimeter Small, 58-millimeter Standard, and 62-millimeter Large, depending on the model.What are the features of Ray-Ban Wayfarer sunglasses?
The Wayfarers were introduced in 1952. Their black acetate frames and rounded square lenses are instantly recognizable. The line has expanded to include tortoiseshell, leather, and colored frames for their sunglasses. Wayfarer sunglasses are usually available in three sizes, depending on the model: 47-millimeter Small, 50-millimeter Standard, and 54-millimeter Large.What other eyewear styles does Ray-Ban make?
If the Aviator or Wayfarer isn’t for you, you may prefer one of these other Ray-Ban sunglasses.
- Clubmaster: Clubmaster sunglasses have acetate or aluminum temple pieces and upper frames. The lenses have a metal rim.
- Round: These retro sunglasses have a round lens in a metal frame.
- Erika: Erika sunglasses have an oversized round lens in a nylon and metal frame.
- Justin: the Justin style has rectangular lenses in a rubberized frame.
First, get your credit card. Looking in a mirror, hold the card vertically in front of your face. Put one long edge down the middle of your nose and notice where the other edge meets your face. If the edge lines up with the outside of your eye, choose the Standard size. If it covers a significant amount of space past your eye, choose Small. If the card doesn’t even reach the outer edge of your eye, you need the Large lens.