How to Choose a PC Laptop or Netbook
A laptop or notebook has a small form factor, making it portable enough to take with you on the go. When you're looking for a gaming laptop with features meant specifically for playing games, the Razer Blade line fits the bill, and its Stealth model and other series of computers offer features designed to enhance gameplay.
Which Features Do Gaming Laptops Offer?
When you're wondering how gaming laptops differ from regular ones, there are some models that have much to offer in the way of features.
- You may be familiar with the concept of a CPU, which is your machine's central processing unit, but you may not know that your device also has a GPU, which is the graphics processing unit. A gaming laptop typically has a powerful graphics card to help enhance the power of the GPU and to increase graphics-intensive programs like games.
- A laptop meant for gaming typically has a hefty HDD, which is where long-term storage of apps and programs occurs. This means you have plenty of room to store your games and apps, and you'll find models that offer up to 1 or 2 TB of hard-drive storage.
- A crisp display is important when you're gaming so you don't miss a single detail, which is where a full HD screen with a high-resolution display comes into play.
What Should You Consider When Selecting a Laptop?
You may be an occasional gamer or more of a serious player, but either way, you'll need to consider a few factors when you're narrowing down which laptop to purchase.
- Think about the battery life of the computer. When you're out on the go and in the middle of an intense game against your friends, the last thing you want is a dead battery, so choose a model with a long battery life.
- Short-term memory is important too, so consider how many GB of RAM your computer has. The more RAM you have, the more efficiently your system will run.
- Think about the operating system you're most interested in. Different versions like Windows 10 or Windows 8 come equipped with different features.
What Are Some Models to Consider?
Razer specializes in gaming devices, so there are a few models to consider when you're looking for the right one.
- The Stealth model offers a multitude of features, including the Windows 10 OS and a 13.3-inch screen to go along with an Intel i7 processor.
- Check out the 15.6-inch screen on the regular Blade model, which offers the NVIDIA GeForce graphics card and a 4K touch display.
- For a larger form factor, opt for a 17.3-inch Pro option, which offers full HD capacity and is compatible with VR games.