Appliques can serve a variety of purposes, both decorative and practical. They're available in a broad range of styles and colors. They can enhance your wardrobe essentials and personal belongings, such as T-shirts, jeans, dresses, hats, and countless home décor items.What are some things you can do with sewing appliques?
- You can use them to monogram your towels, linens, clothes, or other soft goods.
- If you're a sports fan, you can sew your favorite team's embroidered patch or logo to any wardrobe item in your closet to show support for the team.
- You can use them to hide stains on clothing. Choose an applique that is larger than the stain, and then stitch the applique in place over the stained area on the garment. Alternatively, you can select an iron-on applique, pin it to the item, and apply heat from an iron to permanently adhere the iron-on to the garment.
- You can use iron-on patches to easily mend small tears in canvas tote bags, denim jeans, and a wide variety of other clothes and accessories.
- Parents use appliques as a means for preserving their children's clothing and restoring the clothing's usefulness even when it gets torn or stained.
- Quilters and home sewing enthusiasts use appliques to personalize a wide range of craft projects. Beaded, satin, and rhinestone designs can add glamour to fancy projects. Embroidered patches add colorful details. Quilters use appliques to differentiate their craft and quilting projects and make them look more appealing.
- Students can use letter appliques as a means to identify their items. They might stitch the letter appliques to clothing, hats, or other apparel items such as uniforms that may look similar or identical to other students' belongings.
- Bridal shower and baby shower attendees might use appliques for personalizing the gifts they give to the newlyweds or expectant parents.
- Alphabet appliques are available in a rainbow of different colors, fonts, and sizes. White letters are suitable for bridal projects and a variety of other project types.
- You'll often find nature-inspired motifs such as animals, birds, butterflies, mushrooms, rainbows, flowers, and leaves. Embroidered white clouds can be incorporated into quilted landscapes.
- Floral appliques come in a broad variety of colors and design themes. Common flower motifs include yellow and brown sunflowers, white and yellow daisies, red or pink roses, and purple violets.
- Tweens, teens, and kids might enjoy using emoji motifs.
- Holiday applique designs are available to embellish your Thanksgiving, Halloween, New Year, Valentine's Day, and Fourth of July craft projects.
Wrights is one of the biggest manufacturers of this type of product. Some manufacturers license Disney characters to create official Disney embroideries. Darice and David Tutera make a variety of designs available, including elegant bridal styles featuring beadwork, sequins, and crystals.