How to Shop for Tony Lama Women's Cowboy Boots
Not just for line dancing, women's cowboy boots have seen a resurgence in popularity in recent years. A long-standing staple of Western-styled fashion, you can wear cowboy boots with skirts, jeans, to lunch, and even to the office. Shop a wide selection of different Tony Lama boots, and you're sure to find one that speaks to your sense of country style.
Material Types for Cowboy Boots
When it comes to cowboy boots, there are several different types of materials to choose from as you select your boots. As you're shopping boots, you definitely want to think about the inside as well as the outside, so the boot fits your comfort level as well as your couture.
- Leather: Perhaps the most popular outward material when it comes to cowgirl boots, you have the choice of many different colors, from tan to espresso, to other colors such as red or black.
- Lizard skin: Many Western boots also feature an outer coating of lizard skin, making your boots not only a fashion statement but a conversation piece.
- Mixed material: Many Tony Lama ladies' shoes offer different materials, such as mix of leather and denim, or leather and velvet. Look for bright colors, such as purple or turquoise to be bold.
- Sheepskin: Warmer leather boots will have an inner sheepskin layer, which can be very important to your warmth and comfort level.
Features and Embellishments
When it comes to cowboy boots, essentially you can go plain or go all out. There are some features and embellishments to consider as you're choosing your piece of Americana footwear.
- Round toe: Round toe boots are similar, perhaps, to the pumps or flats you already own. These should be as comfortable or more than the shoes you already wear daily.
- Pointed or square toe: This classic cowgirl boots style forms into the shape of a V at the front of the boot. For some women, this may require you to go up half a size or choose a wide size, depending on the width of your feet.
- Lace-up: These cowboy boots will require you to lace them, similarly to sneakers or some pairs of thigh-high boots.
- Slip-on: With no buckles or fasteners, these convenient boots slip right on. Pull-on shoes are great when you're in a hurry.
- Inlay and embroidery: Some cowgirl boots have fantastic embellishments, with everything from handcrafted beads to fringes. Other boots may have ostrich feathers. Find one that speaks to your style.
- Waterproof: Some boot styles actually have a nubuck or waterproof outer layer, for country girls on rainy days.
How to Size Women's Cowboy Boots
As cowboy boots have a slightly different shape than some other boots or shoes, there are a few things you may want to consider when sizing.
- Toe shape: If you choose a pair of square or V-shaped boots, you may want to go up half a size or choose a wide size. If it's your first time wearing them, they may pinch your toes.
- Boot length: Some cowgirl shoes and boots go rather far up the leg. You may want to consider what you're wearing the boots with, such as jeans or dresses. For some, the boot can push into the back of the leg if the boots are too tall. You may want to elect for cowgirl booties instead.
- If you wear narrow sizes: You may want to try a medium or regular before choosing a narrow Western boot, because of the snip toe.