Your Shopping Guide to Bluetooth Receivers, Network Adapters, and Dongles
Nowadays, you can play your favorite song whenever you want to with a swipe of your thumb. The advent of digital music and streaming services has made listening to music much easier, but not all devices are compatible with the latest smartphone or tablet. When you need to connect your smartphone to an existing stereo system, the large selection of affordable Bluetooth receivers found on eBay can help.What is a Bluetooth receiver?
Bluetooth receivers are designed to work as bridges between Bluetooth-enabled smartphones and Bluetooth-free audio systems. By establishing a Bluetooth connection between the two devices, you can stream music to older audio systems. These receivers come in a variety of sizes and styles on eBay, ensuring that you can find an option that suits your audio needs.Are there Bluetooth receivers for the car?
Many Bluetooth receivers are made for car stereo systems that don't support Bluetooth. They usually plug into the car stereo via the auxiliary port, and they are powered via the cigarette lighter. Once the Bluetooth receiver is plugged in and powered up, you pair the receiver with your smartphone and start playing your favorite songs, playlists, and podcasts. These in-car receivers often come with features like:
- Multi-user support: Many Bluetooth receivers for the car support multiple users. This means that drivers and their passengers can pair with the device, taking turns on music duty during long road trips.
- Power on and off: These receivers usually power off when the car shuts down and power back up when you turn the keys in the ignition. Many also have automatic sync features, which means you don't have to waste time pairing your smartphone every time you get in the car.
- Speakerphone setting: You can find many receivers that act as speakerphones, allowing you to conduct phone conversations through your car's speaker system.
Receivers designed for use in the home and office are usually larger than receivers designed for cars. They usually connect with A/V receivers via RCA or 3.5mm inputs. When shopping for one of these receivers, look for features like:
- Multipoint connectivity: When a receiver has multipoint connectivity, you can connect both your smartphone and your tablet simultaneously.
- Streaming range: Many of these receivers have streaming ranges of 50 feet or more, which means you can move your smartphone without losing the connection.
You can also find portable receivers designed for on-the-go use. These receivers are small enough to fit in your purse or pocket, and they usually connect to auxiliary jacks. Battery-powered receivers often deliver 5 to 10 hours of Bluetooth connectivity.