Frequently Asked Questions About Verizon Wi-Fi Hotspot Modems
Verizon Wi-Fi hotspot modems give you the ability to access secure 4G LTE Wi-Fi networks when youre away from home, the office, or even when youre traveling internationally. You can connect up to 15 devices to your mobile hotspot, which can also be used as an external charger. Most models are backwards compatible with 3G service for maximum connectivity.What is included in the Verizon Mobile hotspot package?
A Verizon Mobile hotspot package generally includes the items listed below. Remember to follow the use and care instructions to ensure optimal unit functioning.
- Mobile hotspot model unit
- Standard lithium-ion battery
- Preinstalled 4G LTE SIM card
- Charger and USB cable
- User instructions
The unit works by sharing your connection with other devices that you would like to be connected to the internet. The devices must be Wi-Fi-enabled and can include gaming consoles, eReaders, laptops, and tablets. The amount of data available for use with your devices depends on your personal wireless data plan features.What is the range of the Verizon Wi-Fi hotspot?
The range of the network created by the router is 33 feet. If a device is in the routers direct line of sight you can connect it from up to 100 feet away.How long does a full battery charge last?
Before using your modem for the first time, charge the battery for a minimum of three hours. When the battery has a full charge, it will last for approximately 24 hours. The life of your battery is dependent on your network, Wi-Fi usage, signal strength, temperature, and the features and accessories that are currently being used. Here are some tips to maximize the life of your battery:
- Be temperature aware: Keep the battery at room temperature during charging.
- Store properly: When storing your battery, keep it uncharged in a cool, dark, and dry environment.
- Keep it cool: Never expose your battery to extremes of temperature.
- Charge it up: Some batteries work better after theyve gone through several charging cycles.
- Check it out: If you notice that your battery is taking longer than usual to charge, you may need to replace it.
Yes, the Verizon Mobile hotspot modem can support USB tethering and continue to function as a wireless 4G LTE hotspot simultaneously. You may need to recharge your battery when you apply both processes at the same time.Content provided for informational purposes only. eBay is not affiliated with or endorsed by Verizon.