Things to Know Before Selecting a Xiaomi Android Phone
Xiaomi, a Chinese electronics company, has been offering Android-based smartphones since 2011. After the success of Xiaomi Redmi and Xiaomi Mi series in the consumer market, the brand introduced its upgraded flagship mobile handset line also known as the Mi Mix and the Xiaomi Mi Max series in 2016. Some of the other notable products of this brand include notes, Redmi note, tablets, and a smart set-up box for television.
What is the difference between Xiaomi Redmi and Xiaomi Mi Mix?
Xiaomi’s flagship Android mobile line is the Mi series whereas the Redmi series is the brand’s budget smartphone line. The major differences between these two series are the mainstream chips in the CPU, amount of memory, and the display screen.
How do you choose the right Xiaomi phone?
Several features should be considered to help determine the Xiaomi phone that is right for your needs:
- Processor: Most of the time, the flagship processors work better than the mid-range ones. If you are a heavy gamer and use your phone all day long, a smartphone with the Snapdragon 835 processor is the best option.
- Screen size: Not always the biggest screen size is the best. Xiaomi smartphones come in 4-inch to 5.99-inch screen sizes. If you love operating your phone from one hand, then go for a smaller screen size. However, for multiple-window mode and better video watching experience, selecting a larger size screen is best.
- Stock Android: If you like a Samsung-style phone, then choose Xiaomi’s Mi series with Stock Android. These phones offer customization options too.
- Camera: If you use your smartphone for photography and quick videos, then go for the Xiaomi phones featuring cameras with dual lenses, low apertures, and good optical zoom. The Mi Mix 2 is known for camera quality with phase detection, autofocus with higher resolution options.
What are the technical specifications of these phones?
The following is a listing of the minimum specs for these phones. Many of the models Xiaomi manufactures have specifications that go beyond these:
- Qualcomm Snapdragon processor 636 and above
- GB RAM 4 GB and above
- Built-in storage 32 GB and above
- High-resolution IPS LCD display
- Android 7.1 and above
Do Xiaomi Redmi and Xiaomi Mi phones have good battery life?
Most Xiaomi smartphones have batteries capable of running for long periods of time between charges. Look for a model with a 4020 mAh battery if you want more than 12 hours of battery life without charging. Even the Redmi series with Snapdragon 625 offers 10 hours of battery life without any interruption.
Which of the brand's smart device models support Android Oreo?
Many of this brand's smart devices and phones released after 2016 are likely to support the Android Oreo update. Most Mi Mix, Mi Max series, Redmi Note, Redmi Note 5A and Redmi’s Note 5A Prime released around that time can receive this update as well as future Android versions.
Content provided for informational purposes only. eBay is not affiliated with or endorsed by Xiaomi.